I’ve been traveling for a bit, so I haven’t even had time to tell you about the new version 2011r2 of our Altova product line yet. As always we’ve been very busy in the past four months and have added a number of very cool features to all our products. As a result the Altova MissionKit v2011r2 packs a nice punch and shouldn’t be missing from any professional developer’s toolbox.
Here are the highlights among the new features:
- Huge improvements in the charting functionality that we’ve originally introduced in v2011 with a wide range of new customizable charting features, including Stacked Bar Charts, Area Charts, Stacked Area Charts, Candlestick Charts, Chart overlays, Background images, Color gradients, and customizable axis labels.
- Embedding external files in XML documents via CDATA blocks (supporting Base 16 and Base 64 encoding).
- XML Schema refactoring in XMLSpy.
- Customizable generation of documentation from XMLSpy, MapForce, and UModel via StyleVision stylesheets. This provides countless options to customize your documentation from adding your logo to creating a detailed in-depth report about your mappings or models for later analysis.
- Data streaming for file output in MapForce for large ETL projects.
- Support for IATA PADIS EDI format in MapForce.
- Automatic creation of reverse mappings in MapForce.
- Barcode support for QR, DataMatrix, PDF417, Codabar, Code39, and many other formats.
- Ability to create multiple output files from a single design template in StyleVision.
- Ability to create ASPX web applications for dynamic data output in StyleVision.
- Support for BPMN 2.0 in UModel.
- Code-generation from state machine diagrams in UModel.
- Word comparison in DiffDog.
As always, you can download a free 30-day trial version from our website and our tools are available in English, German, and Japanese versions – plus XMLSpy is also available in a Chinese version now.